As Executive Producer of Short+Sweet QLD, Sean has produced over 15 Festivals in Brisbane, Gold Coast, Rockhampton and Townsville over the past six years. The Largest Short Play Festival in the World started off in Sydney 13 years ago and has spread throughout Australia and the world The QLD festival is second only to the founding Sydney Festival.
Brisbane City Council also commissioned Dennehy Productions to produce four shows over 3 years to educate schools on Road Safety and Active Travel. Over 80 performances are presented each calendar year.
As well as producing his own shows, Heist and Bright Sparks at the Workshops Rail Museum, Mercy Thieves at the Arts Centre Gold Coast, Planets for the Taiwan Lantern Festival 2012, Sean also produces for MAPS at Metro Arts.
work as a creative producer
Represented for the last ten years by Sophie Jermyn Management , Sean has been in constant work whether it be Corporate Theatre, role playing, TV, Film or Theatre. He has appeared in TV shows in 2014 Secrets and Lies (Ch10) and The Gods of Wheat Street (ABC) Crime 101 (Faraway Productions) : also Mabo telemovie (ABC) all saints (Ch7), White Collar Blue (Ch10), Home & Away (Ch7), Fox Kids and The Team (Comedy Channel), plus countless tv commercials and corporate video’s.
Acting feature film credits include James Cameron’s Sanctum 3D, Girl Clock, Alien Cargo (USA) Streetfighter, Mr. Reliable and USA Sci-fi movie GAEA Universe, plus many other award winning short film projects.
Theatre credits include:Mercy Thieves ( ACGC ) Rigoletto, Turandot (Opera Qld) Micro-trip 1 & 2 (Metro Independents) An Unexpectedly Mind Boggling Adventure (Backbone/Slq) For The Birds (Old Fitzroy) Seems Like Yesterday (Kooemba Jdarra), Hamlet (Darlinghurst), Zoo-Illogical (Schnapperhead) Valley People (Map) And Hollow Crossing (Markwell Presents)
After extensive training in Brisbane, Sydney, London and Los Angeles in Method, (Strasberg and Meisner), Practical Aesthetics and specialist film-work, he now teaches his own “method” as well as freelancing for Backbone Youth Arts, Academy of Screen Performance, Actors Conservatory, Actors Centre (London), Australian Academy of Acting and various regional arts workshops.
A Director of Theatre, Opera, Circus, Kids shows and the odd tiger, Sean has a vast range of experience when dealing with performers. Different artists demand varying styles of attention and it is this varying range that stands Sean in good stead in all arenas. Opera Q’s Moving Opera drew on dealing with young artists, OperaWorks with emerging and professional singers. Circus performers are independent souls and cannot be pushed around and of course actors define themselves and their roles differently every time they step on the boards. The tigers? Well , when dealing with Tiger Island at Dreamworld, it is the handlers as much as the cats that need direction. Sean is available for all sorts of direction, even if you need to know where the bathroom is!
work as a director
• Mercy Thieves 2014 Arts Centre Gold Coast
• Opracus ‘ Wonderland’ Brisbane Powerhouse
• Heist+Bright Sparks 2014 Workshops Rial Museum
• Stop Look Listen Think, Active Travel Momentum for BCC
• Arias In Motion + Seasons Of Love 2013 OperaWorks LA
• Opera Reimagined The Heist 2014 OperaWorks LA
• Opera Reconstructed The Salon 2014 OperaWorks LA
• Cub College 2013 Tiger Island Dreamworld
• Sean has written, acted in and produced two award-winning short films IT’S HOT and SEAN.
• A newly completed feature film script Dreaming Of Peter Sutcliffe with writing partner Stewart Reeves is currently being script edited in London and due for pre production in 2015.
• He was the featured filmmaker at RAW 2012
• He has written two plays It’s Hot and The History of the World in 7 Minutes for the national festival Short+Sweet.
• Sean writes consistently for Izit? Entertainment and creates show, proposals and corporate characters for them.
• He has written for film company Steward+Wall Entertainment and for Primed, a work change organisation.
• Sean has brought his writing, directing and producing skills from a solid base in the advertising industry where he worked with such agencies as DDB Needham, The Hale Agency and Jarvis, Fielding & More and has recently completed his first children’s book.